Federal Way Truck Accident Lawyers
Helping Clients Hit by Big Rigs, Semis & More
There is no truck accident claim too big or too complicated for our team at the Law Offices of Harold D. Carr in Federal Way. We have been fighting national trucking companies and major insurance companies for decades. Attorney Carr has personally handled thousands of injury cases much like yours since beginning his career in 1991. The dedication to excellence and client satisfaction he has held onto since day one has earned him high recognition, such as a 10.0 “Superb” Avvo Rating and a 2019 Martindale-Hubbell® Client Champion Silver medal.
What do our experience, case results, and professional recognitions mean for you, though? They mean that you can confidently place your truck accident claim on our desk without worrying about whether it will be managed correctly or if your best interests will be respected. You know that when you choose our team, you are putting legal champions and sincere friends in your corner.
Call (253) 246-1744 to speak with our Federal Way truck accident attorneys. Get started on your claim today!
Leading Causes of Truck Accidents
Your truck accident might have been caused by:
- Trucker fatigue: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and other safety groups estimate that truck driver fatigue is one of the leading causes of truck accidents in the country. Truck drivers can be allowed to work up to 14 hours a day with only 3 hours of breaks. By the time a trucker hits the 6th hour, they can start to feel tired. The 8th hour is usually when they are feeling sleepy. Any time spent behind the wheel beyond that point can trigger exhaustion, which will dramatically worsen their reaction times, judgment, and steering ability.
- Truck driver intoxication: It only takes one alcoholic drink to impair your ability to safely drive. Yet truck drivers are still technically allowed to drive with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level below 0.04 without breaking the law. Your truck accident might have been caused by a trucker who had one beer on lunch and thought it was fine since it wasn’t illegal.
- Overloaded trailer: Too much cargo in the back of a tractor-trailer can cause all sorts of safety issues. An overloaded truck will take much longer to come to a complete stop. A top-heavy trailer can tip over when it is caught in a strong wind or the truck rounds a corner. It is even possible for an overloaded trailer to spill loose cargo and debris into the road behind it, striking unsuspecting motorists.
- Truck part failure: When an important part of a truck fails while the vehicle is in motion, it can cause an immediate and catastrophic truck accident. Tires that burst and brakes that cease to function are two of the most common and most dangerous truck part failures. Sometimes the blame for a part failure rests on the part manufacturer, but a trucking company can be liable if they do not enforce any sort of maintenance schedule for their fleet.
- General negligence: Of course, we cannot overlook the fact that the truck driver who hit you might have simply been paying little attention to the road, as many other motorists do. Except general negligence is all the more dangerous when exhibited by a truck driver due to the size, weight, and many large blind spots of their vehicles.
As your chosen Federal Way truck accident lawyers, it will be part of our job to figure out what caused your truck accident. We want to be able to collect and use sufficient evidence to prove your side of the story and place as much liability as possible on the truck driver, trucking company, and/or third parties like mechanics, part manufacturers, and load crews.
Free Initial Case Evaluations are Available
Deciding to bring an injury claim against a trucking company can be understandably intimidating. The responding insurance representative will undoubtedly try to deter your from seeking fair damages, and you might even start to get convinced that you don’t stand a chance against their corporate insurance defense team. The Law Offices Of Harold D. Carr, P.S. in Federal Way is here to remind you that you have rights and the ability to stand up for them with our help.
Arrange a free consultation with our firm today. We can visit your home or hospital room for your first meeting if you are in no condition to travel.*
[*During the coronavirus pandemic, in-person consultations could be unavailable.]