Lakewood Car Accident Attorneys
Providing Trusted Advocacy in Trying Times
Do you feel overwhelmed after being in a car accident? This feeling is completely normal, and one that the representation of the Law Offices of Harold D. Carr can help you through. Our Lakewood car accident lawyers are ready to hear your story after being in a crash that was not your fault but left you seriously injured.
Make your car accident claim simple for yourself. Dial (253) 345-4522 now.
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle
You can depend on our firm no matter what sort of car accident you have been in, such as:
- Head-on collisions: The consequences of head-on collisions are almost-always devastating. When two cars hit in this way, the force of both of their momentums are added together. For example, two vehicles of somewhat equivalent weight that crash-head on while traveling at 30 miles per hour each will impart the impact on each driver as if they had hit a solid wall at 60 miles per hour. It is likely your injuries are serious after a head-on crash, which is why our attorneys always take such cases just as seriously.
- Rear-end accidents: After a rear-end accident, people in the front car are often those who suffer the worst injuries. It is common for the impact to jolt the front car forward, which whips the necks of its passengers backward. The result can be whiplash, a neck injury that may start weakly but gradually worsen until it becomes debilitating.
- T-bones: Another extremely dangerous type of car accident is the T-bone collision, which occurs when one car slams into the side of another, forming a T-like shape. The car at the top of the T will take the brunt of the impact due to the sides of vehicles having little in terms of impact absorption. People in T-bone accidents are often severely injured and require immediate medical attention.
- Rollovers: When a driver has to take emergency maneuvers to avoid another reckless driver entering their lane, the sudden action may cause them to lose control of their own vehicle and rollover. If you were in a rollover accident and no other cars were damaged, then you could be looking at an uphill fight to prove that you rolled over to avoid a crash caused by another driver. Please call (253) 345-4522 if this happened to you along the I-5 in Lakewood or elsewhere in the city.
Using & Finding More Evidence of Liability
A cornerstone of our services as Lakewood car accident attorneys is finding and using evidence to benefit our clients. Since we were not there at the site of your crash, we will first rely on any useful information you might have collected immediately or shortly after the collision.
Let us know if you were able to retrieve:
- Driver’s ID and insurance: Ideally, you will have had the chance to get identifying information from the other driver, including their driver’s license and insurance information. Using these basic details, we can later research the driver’s history and see if there is proof that they have long been negligent behind the wheel and unfit to drive.
- First responder reports: Comments and observations from police officers, firefighters, and EMTs who helped at your crash site can be instrumental in proving your argument later. Tell us about the first responders who arrived, and we can contact their offices to see if there is useful evidence filed away.
- Eyewitness statements: If any passersby stopped to see if you were okay after a crash, then you hopefully got a chance to record their contact information, too. Sometimes a case hinges on what a third party saw from their different perspective.
- Photos and videos: Tangible evidence like photographs and videos are often the most convincing to judges, juries, and insurance investigators. If you had the wherewithal to record evidence at the scene of your crash, then we would like to get a digital copy for our own records.
How Much Do Car Accidents Usually Settle For?
You might have heard that the majority of car accident claims end in a settlement, rather than in litigation. While this is true, there is still no solid way to predict how much a settlement offer will be worth. Every case is different than the next, which means the damages and the willingness of the opposing insurance company are unique, too.
As experienced Lakewood car accident lawyers, we cannot responsibly tell you how much money you could expect through a successful settlement. We also encourage you to be hesitant about any law firm that does claim to make such a promise. The truth is that the ultimate value of a claim is practically impossible to predict with reliable accuracy, especially early in its development when injuries, treatments, evidence, and hardships are still being understood.The most we can say is that if you want a confident and experienced team of lawyers to negotiate for a car accident settlement on your behalf, then we know you will not be disappointed in choosing the Law Offices of Harold D. Carr. To learn more, dial (253) 345-4522 and schedule a free case evaluation.