Tacoma Motorcycle Accident Lawyers

Experienced Representation You Can Trust

Motorcycle accidents tend to result in some of the most severe, catastrophic injuries. All too often, these accidents are fatal. Sadly, the vast majority of motorcycle accidents could have—and should have—been prevented.

If you or your loved one was involved in a motorcycle accident, we encourage you to reach out to our Tacoma motorcycle accident lawyers. At the Law Offices of Harold D. Carr, P.S., we can help you hold negligent motorists and other at-fault parties accountable for the financial harm, pain, and suffering you have experienced. Since 1991, we have been representing injured Washingtonians in complex accident claims; our trusted, award-winning team is ready to fight for you and your recovery.

Schedule a free, confidential consultation with our team today. Call (253) 300-4995 or submit an online contact form to get started.

What Happens After a Motorcycle Accident?

In many cases, motorcycle accidents result in major injuries and bodily harm. Most victims will require immediate emergency medical attention and may be transported to a local hospital for evaluation and treatment. But what happens in the days and weeks following the accident? In addition to obtaining proper medical care, there are certain things you should do if you wish to file a personal injury claim and seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.

If you are involved in a motorcycle accident in which you are not severely injured and do not require emergency care, it’s important that you do the following (to the best of your ability):

  • Make sure that you and anyone else involved receives proper medical attention. If someone appears critically injured, do not move them or attempt to move them. Do not remove their motorcycle helmet unless they are not breathing. Call 9-1-1 and wait for paramedics to arrive.
  • Secure the scene of the accident to prevent further harm/damage. Do not move your bike from the road unless it poses an unreasonable danger to oncoming traffic. If possible, safely stop traffic until police/paramedics can arrive.
  • Call 9-1-1 if you have not already done so and have paramedics and police officers arrive on the scene. File a report with law enforcement. Be honest and provide details of what happened, but avoid making statements that could be construed as admitting guilt.
  • Write down or make a note of the other involved driver(s)’ information, including their name(s), phone number(s), and other relevant contact information. Also make sure to write down their insurance provider’s information.
  • Document the scene of the accident. Take pictures on a cell phone if possible of your motorcycle, the other involved vehicle(s), and your injuries. If there are any witnesses who saw what happened, write down or record a brief statement.
  • Seek medical attention and/or do not refuse medical attention. If paramedics recommend that you go to the hospital, follow their instructions. Even if you believe you were not injured or that you only suffered minor injuries, always see a doctor or medical professional after an accident.

Whether you were severely injured and required emergency medical treatment or sustained relatively moderate or minor injuries, resulting in significant medical care, one of the most important things anyone can do after a motorcycle accident is contact an experienced attorney. If a careless or reckless motorist or another negligent party caused the accident that left you injured, you have the right to seek compensation for your losses. However, doing so is not always easy; having an attorney on your side can help ensure that you do not miss any deadlines or make any mistakes that could end up costing you your recovery. Additionally, your attorney will be able to aggressively negotiate with the other party’s insurance company and work to maximize your claim.

What If the Accident Was Partially My Fault? Can I Still File a Claim?

Even if the accident was partly your fault, you may still be eligible for compensation. Whether your accident was minor with minimal injuries, or a major event with significant injuries, it's always a good idea to consult with an attorney to ensure you are getting the compensation you are entitled to.

Am I Eligible For Compensation if I Wasn't Wearing My Helmet?

Motorcycle helmets are required by law in Washington, however if you were not wearing your helmet at the time of your accident, you may still be eligible for compensation. Your failure to comply by the law may impact the amount of compensation you can get, but it's still a good idea to consult with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney.

Schedule a Free Consultation Today

At the Law Offices of Harold D. Carr, P.S., we understand the immense challenges motorcycle accident victims face. Our Tacoma motorcycle accident lawyers are familiar with Washington State laws and can help you navigate the legal system. We will handle all aspects of your claim so that you can focus on healing and moving forward with your life.

Remember: the liable insurance company will almost never offer a fair, reasonable settlement. Their goal is to limit payouts and deny claims in order to protect their bottom lines. Our attorneys have a history of success in negotiating fair settlements and, whenever necessary, aggressively advocating for injured motorcyclists at trial.

Let our team fight for you; call (253) 300-4995 to request your free, confidential consultation.

Get Started Today

Ready to Get Started?

Schedule your free consultation and have an experienced  attorney review your case. 

What Sets Us Apart?

See what you can expect to experience while working with us. 
  • Confidence

    We have demonstrated our commitment to accident victims for 25 years. No case is too big or too small.

  • Support

    We have a dedicated team who strives to help you. We take care of your case so you can focus on healing.

  • Convenience

    If you are unable to meet us at one of our many offices, we can meet you at the hospital or another place that is more convenient for you.